At the culmination of my time as a student of The Institute of Sustainable Nutrition program, I reflect on what a profound year of learning, sharing, and growth it has been. This education has given me the opportunity to expand my skillset in a variety of hands on applications-making kitchen medicine, practicing the art of eating, gaining full body awareness in morning mediation, putting my hands in the soil in growing our garden, and learning to identify plants using all the senses on forays. There has been time to put my feet bare on the ground, to laugh and smile and engage with others. This has been as much of a healing space as it has been educational. There has been time to learn in a traditional sense but to also think and be inspired to create, which I believe is where the most valuable personal development happens. Involvement in this program granted me freedom and encouragement to pursue what calls me. I have learned nutrition science in application to the body. Herbs and our communion with plants. Making choices that facilitate a mindset of sustainability, curiosity and empowerment. To have this information not to hold above anyone, but to lay the groundwork for others to step into with ease and excitement.There is so much to say about what I have acquired through this special experience. It is hard to articulate as I perceive it like a web, where the learning has happened between myself and the stunning human beings that are the TIOSN instructors but also the community of my class.Thoughtful connections amongst us have woven what I feel we are all here to perpetuate into the world-encouragement to ask questions and the willingness to provide answers and to help to one another. To build better and stronger as a whole because we are paying attention to our self healing and self knowledge. This is how we will contribute to society at large as well as expand the TIOSN community.
I have become a keen listener and observer. I am more in tune with the rhythms of nature and the seasons. I apply my knowledge of seasonality, soil health, biochemistry, and personal mindset in my understanding of nutrition and the bio availability of nutrients to the body.
With all of this, I extend myself as a healer, mentor, and guide. My platform is the kitchen- your space or mine, and together we will learn how nutrition is about forming a relationship with your body. Creating an individualized plan as to how I can assist you in the journey of becoming capable of making intuitive decisions about your health and choosing what makes you feel good.
Nutrition is beyond macronutrient ratios and food groups. It is beyond the strategies of negotiating, rationalizing, restricting, and planning-these are the ways we have been taught to understand our food and it limits us.
To me, nutrition is about choosing a diet of not only what foods will effectively nourish your cells to put you performing at your highest potential, but is also what you choose as dietary input for your mental, emotional and spiritual self. We will observe what words, relationships, and activities you feed yourself. Nutrition is body, mind and soul united. This is the holistic experience of working with someone like myself-learning how to prepare food that shows you how nourishment is a state of abundance, self love and healing, mindfulness, connection, and beauty. These things will flood through you and your relationship with food and effortlessly into other areas of your life. All it takes is practice, and a choice to put your attention to this awakened place.
I am specifically attune to working with women’s issues but am open to all who resonate with my message. This expertise is sensitive to but not limited to difficulties with disordered eating and body image. My intention is to educate about self sufficiency and resourcefulness, and how this practice in the kitchen extends itself as a strength in and outside of your culinary adventures as well as in taking care of your physical body.
- Certification in Sustainable Health and Nutrition
- BA in Psychology with a focus on health, motivation, development and behavior
- 2 years experience in conducting cooking curriculum for youth students, guiding culinary skills as well as knowledge and understanding of seasonality and connections to curricular studies. I utilize a positive youth development approach and encourage active participating, confidence and curiosity
- 2 years experience working in the field for highly esteemed holistic health professionals. From this I exhibit a working knowledge of resources and fundamental information regarding homeopathy, herbs, and essential oils, all of which I have utilized for my personal healing and integrated into my lifestyle with great success and joy.
Services: Focused on integrated health, mindfulness, nutrient dense diets
- Private or Group Cooking Workshops
- Topics include: Traditional cooking methods, fermented foods, food sensitivity accommodations, nutrient dense cooking techniques to compensate for soil depletion
- One on one education: knife skills & equipment tutorials; cooking techniques-i.e. gluten free baking, smoothies, salads, condiments
- Mentorship & mindset coaching
- for young women-guidance & body awareness
- How to become the best version of yourself, motivation, finding your inspiration and positive psychology
- Private Cooking
- Example: weekly service of 10 meals (2 of your choice daily)
- Hourly rate for specific meal preparation-done specifically to your dietary needs/goals
I believe in the power of play-I apply a lighthearted, sensitive approach to my work. Connection to your food and nourishment offers a well of empowerment and confidence to draw from-please reach out to me if any of my services click with your goals.